Wednesday 4 May 2011

Gold Coast - Biggera Waters

We cross the border of NSW and QLD on a dreary wet morning.  What's that all about.  Beautiful one day, perfect the next.  Not on our arrival...hoping this will improve soon.  We booked into Treasure Island for 7 nights.  Knowing we would need every bit of them to see the theme parks and the surrounding area.



It was my birthday the day after we arrived and the kids woke me up so they could make me breakfast.  In the end I finished the cooking as it was just a way toooo big of a mess.  After brekkie we headed to Sea World for a fun day.  The kids really enjoyed the day going to all of the shows and trying the rides.   Austin, Jordan and I lined up at the Jet Rescue ride.  Austin was so excited as on the measurement chart he made it by half a centimetre.  We waited in line for over 45minutes. We were at the very front of the queue to go on the next ride when the attendant wandered over with her height stick.  She measured Austin.  The bar sat on top of his head and brushed his hair aside but she deemed that he was too small for the ride.  I had to take him back to Nigel while Jordan waited at the front for me to return.  I could tell when I sent him to Nigel that he was upset and afterward I found out that he had a cry and was quiet upset he had missed out.  I gave the attendant a bit of lip regarding their  external height signs and said that I would never have taken him in the line to only get him ejected at the worse possible stage.  She could not have care less.  2mm would have stop the bar over his head swivelling.  Blasted bars.  The ride was great and that made it even hard for Austin.  Next time we visit we will wait until they are all over 140cm and then they can go on all of the rides.  That night we went out to tea at the restaurant at the park then arrived back to have my candle and Easter egg cake.  Oh the effort Nigel makes....lol.  Lucky we are on the trip of a lift time and this trip is all I needed to have a fabulous birthday.












Dentist visit for me.   I lost a filling how annoying.  No sight seeing but the kids had a ball in the 3 pools and on the playground around the park.















Off to Wet'n'Wild next.  It was a really fun day with the Nigel, Jordan, Austin and myself going on most of the rides.  Kaleb was a little scared of most of them so did not go on many at all but enjoyed the ones that he did go on.  I was the only one that went on the Aqua Drop and Mach5.  Both really fast rides and very fun.  We were exhausted after our day at the park and our legs were almost dropping off by the time we climbed back in the car.  7 hours of stair climbing can take a bit out of you.  I was as sore as blazers by that night.  My back and hips were achy and my age was really starting to catch up with me that night.






Spent the day recuperating.  Well Nigel and I did.  The kids were up and ready to get into their next adventure in or around the area.  Not us.. Spent the following day looking around Surfers Paradise and the southern beached of the Gold Coast.  End up at Burleigh Head for a swim but the crashing waves and undertow were so strong it scared the kids and Nigel out of the water pretty quickly.  We had wanted to stop under the infamous Surfers Paradise sign on the beach to take a photo only to discover they had it all fenced off for a face lift of the walking area.
 




Our last day at the Gold Coast was spent at Movie World.  Stuff up one hundred and one.  We had bought the kids fun passes and because I had not changed the date on my watch I thought they had not expired only to find out on arrival that they had. So luckily a lovely assistant felt pity for me and charged me only half the going rate for the tickets.  I was so annoyed at myself.  Little details like this need to be more in my thoughts.  Anyway while their the kid went on lots of the ride and watch some great shows.  They really loved the stunt drivers.  They thought the show was 'COOL!'  They really thought all the shows were great.  We all went on the the kids roller coaster and even Kaleb loved it.  We also went on the Wild West ride together and Kaleb screamed the whole way through the ride particularly the parts in the dark.  He was so glad when he got to the bottom that he finally let out a smile.  I went on the new Superman ride and I loved it.  You feel like you are going to be flung out of your seats at any moment. 

 






 

Well our stay in the Gold Coast ended with a bang.  So off  to the Sunshine Coast to sit, relax and take plenty of time to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment