Tuesday 30 August 2011

Katherine T2

A Willy Willy in the paddock outside Douglas Daly.
Heading to Katherine today we decide to divert slightly and visited the Douglas Daly hot springs.  Wow they were hot.  We found our spot in the creek and basked in the warmth of the water for a couple of hours.  We all got out looking like prunes.  Jordan was so pink it took her skin a little while to cool back down.

Where's the warm patch Dad?

The creek filtering hot and cold water.

Ouch.  This was extremely hot water.

Once in Katherine we finally caught up for drinks with Jonathon, Meaghan, Olivia and Ashley.  We first met these guys in Cooinda and again in Darwin.  It was an enjoyable night so decided to have drinks again with them  the following night.  The twin girls were the same age as Jordan which was nice for her.

We visited the Katherine Festival and looked at the old cars and the kids got their faces painted.  We also caught up with Jodie and Ian whom we had met at Mt Isa.  They lived in Katherine and they invited us around for a swim and tea the following day.  This was an extremely enjoyable day and they were great company.  We all really enjoyed our day and we hope that we will be able to return the favour when they visit our end of the country next time.

Our last day in Katherine saw the car go in and get the broke diff bush fixed and us busily trying to eat our way through all of the fruit and vegetables we have.  We had a great roast for tea.  Which is the first one I have cooked on the road.  It tasted amazing.  I do miss the little things like that the most.

Kaleb busy trying to fix his bike.

Look how clean his hand are after he washed them.
Heading over the border to WA tomorrow.  We are all so excited.  5 an 1/2 weeks in NT.  I wonder how long it will take us to get around WA.  I dare say a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment