Wednesday 9 March 2011

Mallacoota

The next three days we spent in Mallacoota.  I wanted to go there because as I kid I remember going on a holiday with the Sutas' and had an absolute ball.  The funny memory back when I went to Mallacoota was that we had to stay just a little longer because I accidently got me burnt and my lips blistered from the sun....they were absolutely mortified so instead of coming home they waited until they healed and then returned me home to my family all fixed.  The bonus was that we got to stay a little longer!  It hasn't changed much.  25 years and minumum change you've got to love it.  We found a perfect beach to sit by and the weather was perfect for us.  The kids swam in the river and had fish swimming around them. They could not believe it and had an absolute ball.  As they had so much fun at Betke River we decide to have a bbq there the next day.  So after we visited the World War II historical bunker we drove to the river/beach and got ourselves to the BBQ's. I put the meat on then went to get the utensils to turn and move the sausage and hamburgers, but unfortunately we left them behind so cooking our lunch became a challenge.  In the end I pretty much burnt my fingers off and we got our lunch okay.  What a great time we had.  I also was up early one morning to see the sunrise of Gabo Island. So very pretty it was.  I hope to see lots more of these but with daylight savings finishing soon i think i will miss them more often than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment